Snacks for the Dukan Diet Attack Phase – 10 Savory Snacks
I’ve already completed two posts providing 10 Sweet Snacks for the Attack Phase and 10 Sweet Snacks for the Cruise Phase and as not every one has a sweet tooth it seemed like a good idea to provide some savory snack ideas.
It is much easier to find something suitable to snack on that is savory as you can eat any of the 72 high protein foods if you are feeling hungry. As well as having a high protein level these foods are also low in fat and carbohydrates, for example an ounce of chicken breast has just 46 calories, 9 of which come from fat.
It is often our poor choice of snacking foods that has lead to our weight creeping on for example just 1 oz of Pepperoni (Hormel’s) has 140 calories,120 of which come from fat and 1 oz of Salami (Boars Head) has 110 calories, 81 of which come from fat. By following the Dukan Diet you will learn new eating habits which will steer you away from these calorie laden snacks.
- Cottage Cheese (2% fat content or under) – This is an easy snack which you can keep ready to eat at anytime in your refrigerator. I find the plain cottage cheese a little bland and I usually eat the ones with added onion and chive.
- Surimi or Crabsticks – This is another snack which can be kept ready in the refrigerator to quash any hunger pangs but you are limited to eating no more than eight per day.
- Canned Tuna in Springwater – This is a store cupboard snack and if you are in a country where you can buy John West No Drain Tuna you can literally eat this food straight from the tin without needing to drain off any excess water.
- Beef Jerky/Biltong – This dried beef is another good stand by as a snack but I’ve not managed to find any that don’t have small amounts of added sugar or other additives which mean they don’t quite fit the rules. These foods are also very high in salt and Biltong is no longer recommended and further information can be found in this post – Dukan Diet Update: Biltong Not Allowed on Dukan Diet.
- Eggs – You can keep a supply of hard boiled eggs ready to eat in your refrigerator or if you’d like something hot a boiled egg can be ready in a matter of minutes.
- Prawns/Shrimps – You could eat these just as they are or you could dip them in a fat free yogurt dip with a little minced garlic and other herbs and seasonings of your choosing.
- Chicken – this could be a drumstick with the skin removed of course! or you might decide to have some pieces of chicken breast. This can be made more enjoyable by a fat free curry yogurt dip in which you add curry spices to the yogurt and possibly a little bit of sweetener to balance the flavors.
- Ham Crispies
- Turkey Meatballs – These really need to be home made as the ones that you can buy contain all sorts of ingredients that aren’t suitable such as chicken skin and fat or added starches and some are also made from mechanically recovered meat.
- Sliced Roast Beef with Mustard – This is a snack with a bit of a kick and all you need to do is spread a little mustard on a slice of roast beef and roll it up into a sausage and enjoy.