Amanda’s Variations on the Dukan Diet Oat Bran Muffin
This is a very easy post for me as I didn’t have to write it, I’ve only had to upload it, format it and find a picture.
The information in this post comes from Amanda one of the regular visitors to my site who wanted to share the improvements and different flavor variations that she had developed with her husband in search of the perfect Dukan muffin! Thank you both for your dedication and for sharing this information with us.
Amanda’s Oat Bran Muffin Recipe
This recipe make 12 muffins or 24 mini muffins and can be doubled to make a cake roll or layered cake.
- ¾ of a cup of egg whites
- ½ of a cup of oat bran
- ½ of a cup of Greek yogurt
- ½ of a cup of Splenda
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F, 180°C or Gas mark 4.
- Whip the egg whites until you reach stiff peaks.
- Mix in the Splenda slowly and add flavoring of your choice.
- Turn mixer down to low.
- Combine all dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Mix yogurt into the egg mixture slowly alternating with the dry ingredients. If you mix too fast you will lose the fluffiness of the whites.
- Scrape sides of the bowl and mix a little more to incorporate.
If making in to muffins, spray with no stick spray, line with muffin papers and distribute mix evenly as possible between the wells. Bake for 15 minutes.
If making into a cake, using large cookie sheet line with parchment paper, spray,with no stick spray, and evenly spread out into all corners. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Chocolate mint-use 1 teaspoon of mint flavoring, ¼ of a cup of additional yogurt and ¼ of a cup of reduced fat, no sugar added, cocoa powder
- Chocolate orange – use 1 teaspoon of orange flavoring, ¼ of a cup additional yogurt and ¼ of a cup of reduced fat, no sugar added, cocoa powder
- Chocolate coconut – use 1 teaspoon of coconut flavoring, ¼ of a cup additional yogurt and ¼ of a cup of reduced fat, no sugar added, cocoa powder
- Chocolate raspberry – use 1 teaspoon of raspberry flavoring, ¼ of a cup additional yogurt and ¼ of a cup of reduced fat, no sugar added, cocoa powder
- Chocolate strawberry – use 1 teaspoon of strawberry flavoring, ¼ of a cup additional yogurt and ¼ of a cup of reduced fat, no sugar added, cocoa powder
- Cinnamon – use 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Pumpkin spice – one 15 oz can makes a triple batch; For a third of the can use 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, 3/4 of a teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 3/4 of a teaspoon of ground ginger and 1/2 a teaspoon ground cloves
- Maple – use ½ a teaspoon of maple flavoring
- Banana – use 1 teaspoon of banana flavoring
- Banana nut – use ½ a teaspoon of banana flavoring and ½ a teaspoon of vanilla nut butter flavoring
- Chai – use 1 teaspoon of ginger, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, ½ a teaspoon of clove and ½ a teaspoon of cardamom for the spices
Frostings [Best used as an occasional treat as not total Dukan compliant and spread very thinly Amber!)]
- 8 ounces of fat free cream cheese at room temperature
- 8 ounces of thawed fat free whipped topping (low in calories but does contain added fat, sugar and starches)
- ½ – ¾ cup of Splenda
- 1 teaspoon of flavoring of choice
Mix all ingredients together and chill before spreading on cake.
- 1 small box of fat free and sugar free cook & serve pudding, flavor of choice (low in calories but contains cornstarch and modified food starch)
- Prepare as instructed on box using fat free milk.
- Chill before spreading on cake.