Dukan Diet Attack Phase – Recipes and Tips #2
During the Attack Phase you can only eat unlimited amounts of 72 low fat, high protein foods. This does mean that the amount of fiber in your diet will be very much reduced unless you ensure than you eat the required 1.5 tablespoons of oat bran each day. A lot of people who start the Attack Phase think that they can skip the oat bran.
Failing to eat the daily helping of oat bran not only means that you are missing out on the amazing health benefits that oat bran provides, it also means that you are not getting the carbohydrates and fiber which will help prevent you feeling hungry and provide the bulk needed by your digestive system to prevent constipation. So it will probably not surprise you that my #2 Dukan Diet tip is “Always have your daily serving of Oat Bran”.
Useful information: If you are suffering with constipation increase your daily serving of oat bran from 1.5 to 2 tablespoons and ensure that you are drinking plenty of water.
I have already provided the recipe for the Dukan Oat Bran Omelette or Pancake as my #1 recipe and will be providing other recipes which use oat bran but not in this post. One of the distinct pluses of the Dukan Diet in my view is the variety of desserts that it allows you to eat. To demonstrate to those of you with a sweet tooth that you will still be able to indulge yourself even whilst in the Attack Phase I’ve chosen a dessert as my next recipe.
My #2 Dukan Recipe is Floating Islands
Ingredients (To serve 4)
- 4 Separated Eggs
- 18fl oz (500ml) of skim or zero percent fat milk
- Vanilla essence
- Sweetener to taste
- Nutmeg to serve
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl until the whisk leaves soft but firm peaks.
- Put the milk, sweetener and vanilla essence into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Carefully spoon out snowball-sized portions of the egg whites and poach in the hot milk.
- Turn once and then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a plate.
- Beat the egg yolks in a bowl and gradually add milk mixture stirring all the time.
- Return the milk mixture to the saucepan and keep stirring on a low heat until the custard is formed.
- To serve place custard in bowls and top each with a floating island dusted with nutmeg.
- You can vary the flavor of the custard using coffee or reduced fat, no sugar added, cocoa powder in place of the vanilla essence.
Useful Information: If you are entertaining this recipe looks very impressive brought to the table in a large bowl with all the floating islands on top.