Dukan Diet Attack Phase Recipe: Mexican Coriander Prawns
This is the third in a series of Prawn (Shrimp) Recipe Posts that I’ve put together just for “stephanielr” who was finding prawns a little bland. The Mexican influence in this recipe comes from the Coriander (Cilantro), Chilies and Lime Juice in the marinade. The only vegetables used are allowed condiments so this recipe is suitable for all phases of the Dukan Diet. You could serve on top of cottage cheese drizzled with a little lime juice accompanied by an oat bran pancake made with a few herbs and spices of your choice and cut into triangles.
- 12 large uncooked Prawns per serving
- 1 bunch of Fresh Coriander (Cilantro)
- 8 medium Spring Onions (Scallions)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Green Chilies
- A tablespoon of Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoons of Cumin
- A pinch of Turmeric
- Place all of the ingredients for the marinade in a food processor or blender and puree. You may need to water to get the correct consistency.
- Peel the prawns and de-vein leaving the tails on if desired.
- Place the marinade and prawns in a large bowl and coat the prawns well with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the refrigerator over night or for at least 8 hours.
- Place the prawns on skewers – six to a skewer and two skewers for a serving.
- Coat with any remaining marinade and barbecue, grill or broil until cooked, turning halfway.