Dukan Diet Attack Phase Recipe: Spicy Firecracker Prawns
This is second in a series of posts put together just for “stephanielr” who asked me for some prawn (shrimp) recipes because she found them a bit bland. This recipe for Spicy Firecracker Prawns certainly couldn’t be called bland and the heat can be turned up or down by increasing or decreasing the Chili Flakes and Cayenne Pepper. There are no vegetables at all in this recipe so it is suitable for all phases of the Dukan Diet.
Spicy Firecracker Prawns
- 12 large Uncooked Prawns per person
- Lemon Juice to coat
Ingredients for Spicy Firecracker Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dried Chili Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- Peel the prawns and de-vein, leaving the tails on if preferred.
- Place six prawns on each skewer (2 skewers per person).
- Make up your dry Spicy Firecracker Powder adjusting amounts up or down – the amounts given should coat about 6 skewers. If you make too much, it is quite good as a seasoning for chicken too. You can also increase or decrease the amounts of each ingredient until you get the taste and heat that you prefer. Make sure that you mix the ingredients well as you don’t want all of the Chili Flakes or Cayenne Pepper in one place.
- Brush with lemon juice and sprinkle the Firecracker Powder over both sides of the prawns.
- Cook on a barbecue or grill or broil until prawns are cooked, turning halfway through.