How Long Should the Attack Phase of the Dukan Diet Last?
The Attack Phase is the first phase of the Dukan Diet and it provides a great kick start to your weight loss program. The length of the Attack Phase is variable and it lasts between 1 and 10 days and how long you need to stay on the Attack Phase depends upon how much weight you want to lose and how quickly. The best way to work out the length of Attack Phase that you need to use is to visit one of Dr Dukan’s official Dukan Diet sites and on the right hand side of the home page you will find a tool that will calculate your true weight. When you have answered the questions you will be presented with a calculation like the one below. This tool also calculates your true target weight and gives you a good idea how long it will take you to lose those extra pounds and how long you will need to take to consolidate your weight loss before moving to Stablisation.
If you don’t want to use Dr Dukan’s official tool you can use the information to give you a rough guide.
- Less than 10 pounds to lose – a one day Attack Phase.
- Between 10 and 20 pounds to lose – a three day Attack Phase.
- Between 20 and 40 pounds to lose – a five day Attack Phase.
- Over 40 pounds to lose – a seven day Attack Phase is acceptable. A 10 day Attack Phase is only used in very exceptional circumstances and with the benefit of medical advice to support it.
- Dukan Diet Attack Phase Menu – Day 1
- Dukan Diet Attack Phase Menu – Days 2 and 3
- Dukan Diet Attack Phase Menu – Days 4 and 5
- Dukan Diet Attack Phase Menu – Days 6 and 7
If you would like to know how much weight can typically be lost in the Attack Phase you might like to read this post – How Much Weight Can Be Lost in Attack Phase of Dukan Diet?
If you would like to know a little more about the Attack Phase I have summarized the key points in this post- Dukan Diet Phase 1: 15 Key Points of Dukan Diet Attack Phase.
If you are wondering what sorts of foods you can eat, the following posts provide you with a suggested 7 day meal plan