Dukan Diet Vegan or Vegetarian Recipe: Yellow Lentil Dahl
This recipe is only suitable for vegans or vegetarians following the Dukan Diet as they are allowed to eat lentils. In the Attack Phase and on PP days in the Cruise Phase they can have two tablespoons of lentils (any kind) each day and on PV days in Cruise or in Consolidation they can eat unlimited amounts. It would go very well with Tofu Saag Paneer.
More information about vegan or vegetarians following the Dukan Diet can be found in my post Can Vegetarians Follow the Dukan Diet?
- 1 1/2 cups of Yellow Lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 2 cups of Vegetable Stock
- 1 diced medium Onion
- 2 cloves of finely diced Garlic
- 3 teaspoons of whole Cumin Seeds
- 2 teaspoons of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon of Ground Turmeric
- Dry fry the onion and garlic in a pan for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cumin seeds and red pepper flakes and cook for a couple more minutes
- Add all the remaining ingredients and cook on a medium to low heat for approximately 25 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed.