Dukan Diet Vegan or Vegetarian Recipe: Green Lentil Salad
This recipe is only suitable for vegan and vegetarians who are allowed to eat lentils under the special adaptations made to make the Dukan Diet suitable for them to follow. As it also contains vegetables it can only be eaten on PV days.
Green Lentil Salad
- 1 cup of Green Lentils
- 1 cup finely diced Celery
- 1 cup peeled and diced Cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely diced Fennel Bulb
- 1/2 cup diced Red Onion
- 2 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 cloves of finely chopped Garlic
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
- Sea Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Bring the lentils to the boil in a pan with three cups of water and the bay leaf and then simmer until the lentils are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and drain and cool the lentils.
- Mix both vinegars, the mustard and garlic together in a large bowl and then stir in the lentils and the remaining ingredients adding salt and pepper to taste.