Dukan Diet Cruise Phase Recipe: Roasted Red Pepper and Carrot Soup
This recipe almost made it in to my Thanksgiving menu post but I decided to go with the Carrot and Zucchini (Courgette) soup recipe instead! This recipe is also suitable for vegetarians and vegans too.
Roasted Red Pepper and Carrot Soup
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (new addition now allowed on the Dukan Diet)
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large sliced onion
- 3 large sliced carrots
- 4 cloves of peeled and diced garlic
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F, 180°C or Gas Mark 4.
- Place bell peppers on baking sheet and roast for about 1 hour turning occasionally. The skin should be wrinkled and blackened all over.
- Put the peppers in a plastic bag and when cool rub off the skin and remove any seeds.
- Heat the oil in pan over medium heat
- Add the curry powder and bay leaf and stir 10 seconds.
- Then add the onion, carrots and garlic
- If you want to omit the oil, dry fry the onions first in a little water then add the bay leaf and curry powder before adding the carrots and garlic.
- Cover until onion is soft.
- Add 4 cups of water and the cooked peppers and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer continue cooking for a further 30 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a liquidizer or use a hand blender and puree until smooth.
- Season to taste and serve.