Dukan Diet Cruise Phase Recipe: Tofu Saag Paneer
This is a Cruise Phase Recipe which can only be used on PV days due to the spinach it contains. It can be used by anyone following the Dukan Diet including vegans and vegetarians. It is a variation of the Indian dish Saag Paneer which uses a type of Indian cheese called paneer. The tofu is used to replace the paneer.
Tofu Saag Paneer
- 8 oz of cubed Extra-firm Tofu
- 10 oz packet of thawed and drained Frozen Leaf Spinach
- 1/2 cup of Plain Soya Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Plain Soya Milk
- 1 chopped medium Onion
- 2 cloves of finely chopped Garlic
- 2 teaspoons of Curry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated Fresh Ginger
- Dry fry tofu cubes until browned and put to one side.
- Dry fry onions and garlic until soft adding a little water if needed.
- Add in curry powder and ginger and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add spinach with two tablespoons of water and cook until the water has almost all evaporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in soya yogurt and milk.
- Finally gently stir in tofu cubes and serve.