Dukan Diet Attack Phase Recipe: Vegan Crispy Tofu Croutons
This recipe requires a little bending of the rules to have it as an Attack Phase recipe. Vegans and vegetarians are allowed 4 tablespoons of oat bran each day in the Attack Phase and this recipe needs you swop one of these tablespoons of oat bran for a tablespoon of cornflour (corn starch) on any day you have this recipe. If you aren’t following the vegetarian or vegan adaptation you should really wait until the Cruise Phase when you can have the cornflour (corn starch) as a tolerated item.
On an Attack Phase or PP day you can eat these croutons dipped in a fat free yogurt based dip seasoned with herbs and spices of your chosing. On a PV day you could have them sprinkled over a salad. You can also spice the coating up a little if you find it a little bland.
Vegan Crispy Tofu Croutons
Ingredients (one serving)
- 200 grams Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 tablespoon of oat bran
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour (corn starch)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C/Gas Mark
- Drain the fluid from your tofu and press as much liquid out as you can.
- Cube the tofu.
- Place the flour, oat bran and seasoning in a small plastic bag and shake to mix well.
- Put a few pieces of tofu into the bag at a time and shake gently until covered.
- Repeat until all pieces are coated.
- Place on a oiled and wiped baking tray and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn.
- Return to the oven and continue cooking until crispy for another 10 minutes or so.