How do I Follow the Dukan Diet while on Holiday?
The Internet is a wonderful resource and I’ve just found some really useful information about following the Dukan Diet whilst on holiday in an article in the UK on line newspaper the Daily Mail
Dr Dukan has adapted the Consolidation Phase of his diet to allow you to enjoy great food and a glass of wine every day whilst you are on holiday without the pounds piling back on again. I think it is an excellent idea as so many dieters hit the rails whilst on holiday and often never recover once the holiday is over. Dr Dukan is providing a sensible option – he is not expecting you to eat like a saint while you are away from home but he does expect you to exercise some control over what you are eating and drinking.
So what do you have to do:
- Follow a normal PV day diet, six days out of seven, concentrating on eating low fat pure protein such as meat, chicken, fish or seafood with salad and vegetables together with low fat dairy products.
- Add in 2 slices of wholemeal bread, 30 grams of hard cheese and one serving of fruit per day.
- Have between 2 and 4 tablespoons of oat bran each day – consider taking your own supply with you.
- Follow a PP day for one day a week.
- Have two Celebration Meals per week – no seconds are allowed and these meals should not follow each other.
- Drink 2 liters of water each day.
- Enjoy one glass of wine each day.
- Walk at least 25 minutes per day.