Coping with Chocolate Cravings on the Dukan Diet
One of the places I check out for new information about the Dukan Diet is the online chats at www.dukandiet.co.uk.
On 6 July 2011 “lisabrowne42” asked if there was a tasty substitute for chocolate, crisps and sweets. “sonja” from the Dukan Diet provided a recipe which I think lost a little in her translation but it should be chocolately, a bit crunchy and sweet, so it should be perfect to help with any chocolate craving.
I’ve taken the information she provided and hopefully made it a little clearer but she didn’t give any measures so I’ve guessed a little but as I haven’t tried it yet I’m not sure whether I’ve got it quite right. I’ve called the recipe
Sonja’s Dukan Chocolate Crunch
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of reduced fat, no sugar added, cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of coffee powder
- Beat the egg whites until they are starting to get stiff.
- Add the sweetener, cocoa powder and coffee and continuing beating until the mixture is quite stiff. (“sonja” said that the texture “is a bit surprising”)
- Pour the mixture on to a flat silicon baking mat.
- Bake in a preheated cool oven at 250°F, 130°C or Gas Mark 1/2 until the mixture is getting crispy. (“sonja” didn’t give any cooking information at all so I’ve filled in using the temperature I used to cook meringues).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool and cut into squares.
Other tips to help with chocolate cravings
- Fat free yogurt with a teaspoon of reduced fat, no sugar added, cocoa powder and sweetener
- Chocolate Dukan Diet Cheatcake
- Chocolate Oat Bran Muffins
- Chocolate Oat Bran Cereal
- Chocolate Oat Bran Porridge
- Low Carb Creamy Hot Chocolate