I’ve Stopped Losing Weight on the Dukan Diet: What Can I Do?
If you’ve stopped losing weight the first thing to do is not panic, going through phases where you stop losing weight is not unusual and there can be lots of reasons for the stagnation in your weight loss.
The second thing to do is stick to the diet. You don’t want to throw away all the good that you’ve done so far and continue to do staying on the diet.
The third thing to do is to make sure that you are doing everything you should following the Dukan Diet. A quick checklist is:
- Are you drinking 1 and 1/2 to 2 liters of water every day?
- Are doing your compulsory daily exercise?
- Are you eating the right foods?
- Are you eating enough food?
- Are you eating regular meals and not skipping meals?
- Are you eating your daily serving of Oat Bran?
- Are you having more than two servings of tolerated foods per day?
The next thing to do is to try to establish a reason for your weight loss plateau
- Are you suffering from water retention due to your monthly period?
- Have you eaten a lot of salty food that may have caused water retention?
- Have you recently lapsed on the diet eating or drinking something that is not allowed?
- Are you eating enough calories, for a long term weight loss plan you need to be eating in the region of 1,200 calories a day any less than this and you could find that your body lowers your metabolic rate and reduces the rate at which you burn calories?
- Are you constipated?
- Is it due to the vegetables that you’ve added to your diet? Remember that pure protein acts as a diuretic and your body may try to hold onto the water from the vegetables to compensate.
You then need to work out your plan to tackle the problem. This might be to do nothing as you think the problem will probably sort itself out or it might be to take some additional oat bran to help your constipation. But there are also some things that you can do to jolt your body back into weight loss mode if needed these are to
- Increase your daily exercising to 60 minutes per day.
- Reduce your tolerated items to one or none each day.
- Reduce your consumption of dairy products as these are high in carbohydrates due to the naturally occurring sugars.
- Ask your doctor to recommend a vegetable based diuretic.
- Try a White Day PP day.
- Add an extra PP day into your Cruise Phase rhythm.
If these steps do not kick start your weight loss again and your weight loss continues to stagnate you must go to see your doctor as it might be that your difficulty in losing weight is due to health problems such as a thyroid problem.
You may also be interested in reading this post -