Dukan Diet Attack Phase Recipe: Giovanna’s Baked Tuna
Giovanna is a visitor to my site who is a great cook with lots of great ideas that she likes to share. She has some really tasty recipes listed at Giovanna’s Kitchen Companion but they will need tweaking a little to make them suitable to use on the Dukan Diet. This is a recipe for baked tuna which I’ve adapted slightly to make it Dukan Diet friendly.
Giovanna’s Baked Tuna
Ingredients (2 servings)
- Two tuna steaks
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of chopped tarragon
- 1 finely chopped medium onion
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C/Gas Mark 6.
- Take a non stick baking tray and wipe a few drops of oil around the tray using a piece of kitchen paper and place in the oven while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Remove two slices from the middle of the lemon and set to one side.
- Zest and juice the remaining sections of the lemon.
- Mix the tarragon and onion with a little lemon juice in a bowl.
- Take the baking sheet from the oven and divide the tarragon and onion mix into two mounds on the baking sheet and place a tuna steak on top of each mound.
- Return the baking tray to the oven and baked for five minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the tuna steaks and the tarragon and onion mix.
- Return to the oven for a further five minutes.
- Place the tarragon and onion mix on each plate with the tuna steak on top and decorate with a slice of lemon.