Dukan Diet Exercises: Sloping Stomach Crunches
This is my second post on Dukan Diet exercises and it is my explanation of the “Dukan Diet Special” and I call this “Sloping Stomach Crunches”. If you could only carry out one exercise in addition to walking this would be the one that Dr Dukan would chose. It works on your stomach, arms and thighs.
Sloping Stomach Crunches
- Remove all bedding from your bed except for a cushion and a pillow.
- Put the cushion at the top of the bed and place your pillow length ways on top of the cushion to make a wedge.
- Lie down on your back on the wedge.
- Bring your knees up off the bed as far as is comfortable whilst keeping your flat feet on the bed about twelve inches apart.
- Stretch out both arms and use your hands to hold on to your legs either on your knees or on your thighs behind your knees.
- Without using your arms, use your stomach muscles try to lift your chest towards your knees and lower yourself back again and repeat as needed.
- Now carry out the exercise again but instead of using your stomach muscles to lift your chest, use your arm muscles, once raised lower yourself again and repeat the required number of times.
Number of Repetitions
Dr Dukan recommends starting with fifteen of each exercise, carried out twice a day, once first thing in the morning and the second last thing at night, building slowly up by one repitition per day to one hundred twice a day. If you can’t manage fifteen start with as many as you can comfortably carryout.
- Don’t forget to consult your doctor or medical practitioner before embarking on any new exercise regime.