Dukan Attack Phase Recipe – Lemon Chicken Breasts
This is the Lemon Chicken Breasts recipe that I promised I’d post. If you have a UK version of the Dukan Diet book you will notice that it is along similar lines to the official recipe for Poulet au Citron. I think my version is better but then I’m hardly impartial!
Lemon Chicken Breasts
Ingredients (for 2)
4 small boneless chicken breasts with skin removed and cut into small cubes
1 sliced medium onion
2 crushed garlic cloves
1/4 pint of chicken stock made using a low fat chicken bouillon cube
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove a slice from the middle of each lemon and retain to use as a garnish. Zest and juice the remaining parts.
- Dry fry the onion and garlic in an non stick casserole dish over a low heat for 4 or 5 minutes adding a little water if needed.
- Add the chicken pieces and turn up the heat and brown the meat for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and season to taste.
- Place lid on casserole dish and simmer gently for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve garnished with a slice of lemon.