Dukan Attack Phase Recipe: Chicken au Citron (Lemon Chicken)
It is strange how you can sometimes forget about cooking certain meals and keep making the same meals time and time again. I was thinking about how to cook the chicken thighs that I’ve brought for dinner tomorrow when I remembered this recipe so I thought that I’d share it with you. I think it is the time for marinading the chicken which means that I often don’t have time to use this recipe although I also have version that I use for chicken breasts that doesn’t need any marinading which is very similar to the official recipe Poulet au Citron and I will post this recipe in the next day or so.
Chicken au Citron (Lemon Chicken)
- 1 pound chicken thighs (on the bone with the skin left on)
- 1 level tablespoon of lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped herbs from my garden or 1 teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
- A small 1/2″ cube of fresh ginger finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lemon slices and a little chopped herbs for garnish
- Place the lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, herbs, ginger and salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix together to make the marinade.
- Place your chicken pieces in a freezer bag and add the marinade.
- Make sure all your chicken pieces are fully coated with the marinade, seal the bag and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- When ready to cook put the chicken thighs in an oven proof roasting dish with the skin facing up, keeping the marinade for basting the chicken later.
- Place in a preheated oven at 425°F or 220°C for 20 minutes and then baste with the remaining marinade
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Remove and discard the skin, take the meat off the bone and serve garnished with a slice of lemon and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.