Can I Eat Sugar Free Jello/Jelly on Dukan Diet Attack Phase?
Sugar free jello (jelly) to me is a very welcome addition to the Dukan Diet which can be enjoyed in any phase of the Dukan Diet including the Attack Phase.
You were allowed up to three portions of jello every day. This guidance has recently changed on the coached UK Dukan Diet. Sugar free jello has now been put into a group of sugar free treats made up of sugar free jello, sugar free chewing gum and sugar free candy (sweets) and whereas before you could have five pieces of sugar free candy or chewing gum each day with three sugar free jellos you can now only have five in total of the sugar free treats.
Here are a few reasons why I find this food so useful.
- It comes in a wide variety fruit flavors. During the Attack and Cruise Phase the only fruits you can eat are goji berries and rhubarb so it is lovely to be able to have a different fruity taste.
- The colors brighten up your meals particularly in the Attack Phase and on PP days.
- They make a very welcome alternative quick snack to zero fat yogurt.
- You can use different molds and different colored jellos to allow a little creativity.
- You can also make your jello with skim milk to add another twist.
- They are a useful dessert when younger members of the family come to visit.
To give you some ideas:
- For Valentine’s Day or a special anniversary you could make small red heart shape jellos in strawberry, cherry or raspberry flavor and serve them with a vanilla custard.
- For Halloween you could make a suitably gross colored jello in a brain mold.
- For St Patrick’s Day you can make lime flavored shamrocks.