Dukan Diet Cruise Phase Recipes: Dukan Cauliflower Pizza
When you find healthy substitute for an everyday food that you enjoy eating it is a real boost, as you have to remember that you are following the Dukan Diet not just to lose weight, but to keep it off forever and this means learning new eating and cooking habits. If you resume all your old eating habits in Stabilisation, the weight is likely to creep back on even if you have one PP day each week.
I was so pleased when I first found the recipe for cauliflower pizza crust on another diet site which doesn’t restrict fat intake and realised that I would be able to Dukanize it.
I have found however that there is one essential piece of equipment that makes baking this recipe a lot easier and that is a silicon baking mat. It also means that you don’t need to use any oil to stop the “dough” from sticking and it is much easier to clean.
Dukan Pizza Base
- 2 cups of cold cooked cauliflower rice
- 1 egg and 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon of oat bran
- 2 Light Babybels
- Salt and pepper
- Finely shred or grate cheese into a bowl.
- Add the cauliflower and oat bran and mix well.
- Add the eggs and seasoning and combine into a dough.
- Spread thinly onto a silicone baking sheet or a baking sheet sprayed with a little oil.
- Bake in a hot oven until the pizza crust looks crunchy around the edges. This will probably be around 15 minutes but it will depend on how thick or thin you’ve made your base.
You are now ready to add the toppings to your pizza. I use a little tomato puree and whatever vegetables I have to hand thinly sliced. I then finish with another couple of shredded light Babybels and sprinkle with some fresh herbs. Return your pizza to the oven to cook the topping for another 10 to 15 minutes.