Dukan Diet Cruise Phase Recipes – Cauliflower Mash
When you are following a low carb diet like the Dukan Diet being unable to eat high carb foods such as potatoes and rice can make your plate look as if something is missing. Well believe it or not you can fill this gap on your plate with cauliflower and a few other ingredients. In this post I’m going to give you some recipes and ideas for mashed cauliflower that you can use on a PV day in the Cruise Phase. Cauliflower mash doesn’t taste the same as mashed potato and it has a different texture but Ienjoy eating it and I hope you will too.
I’ll start by giving you a very basic recipe for Baked Mashed Cauliflower and then give you recipe for Garlicky Cauliflower Mash. The final recipe adds parsnip to the cauliflower and I call it Parsnip and Cauliflower Mash Up. These recipes are all easily adapted to ring the changes and stop boredom setting in. Some of the additional ingredients which can be added include:
- Sweated onions or leeks
- Chopped chives
- Chopped flat leaf parsley
- Curry Spices
- Tolerated addition 30 grams of low fat (less than 7% fat) cheese
Baked Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 medium to large cauliflower
- Zero fat yogurt as needed
- Salt & pepper
- Break the cauliflower in to florets and steam until tender.
- Put the cauliflower and the salt and pepper in blender and blitz until smooth, adding a little yogurt as needed to give the consistency preferred.
- Pour the mixture into an oven proof dish and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a hot oven until the top has browned slightly.
Garlicky Cauliflower Mash
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons of zero fat Greek yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Break the cauliflower in to florets and steam until just tender.
- Put the cauliflower, garlic, yogurt and salt and pepper in blender and blitz trying to leave a little texture in the mixture.
- Serve garnished with the chopped chives.
Parsnip and Cauliflower Mash Up
- 1 small cauliflower broken into florets
- 450 grams of peeled and chopped parsnips
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons of zero fat creme fraiche
- Steam the cauliflower and parsnips until tender.
- Place the cauliflower and parsnip in blender with a little salt and pepper and the minced garlic and blitz until smooth.
- Add the creme fraiche and blitz again and more salt and pepper if needed.